I was tagged by Shalini over at Reading (and Chickens) for an eleven-things list. Prepare for my answers to blow your mind! Or not. (We'll see.)
1) If your life were a book, what would it be?
It would be A Light in the Attic, for my life is filled with hilariously ridiculous situations and plenty of pantslessness. (I was so scandalized by that man with no pants drawing when I was little.)
I kid, I kid. It would be either Emily's Quest or Emily Climbs, by L.M. Montgomery. Like Emily, I am a struggling lady writer, scribbling (typing) mss. (Word documents) to send off to ladies' journals and newspapers (literary journals) as I tell myself that writing can replace lost love (indeed).
2) What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Coffee! That's my standard flavor. I also love buttered pecan and pralines and cream.
3) Do you floss or just pretend to floss and lie to the dentist?
I do floss religiously. The dentist scared the pants off me (no pants!) and also I spent a LOT of money fixing cavities that could have been prevented by flossing during my childhood and adolescence.
4) What are the qualities of your ideal mate?
He should be smart, funny, weird, kind, and adventurous. Oh, and handsome. Most importantly, he should think I am the best ever and love me and be my friend.
5) What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a child?
I wanted to be a librarian because I loved books. After that, I wanted to be a writer.
6) If you see a penny on the sidewalk, do you pick it up or walk by it?
I walk by it. Our sidewalks are gross!
7) City, suburbs or country? Why?
City. I love the hustle and bustle. I do not like the hobos with their drunken romantic proposals, or the random teenaged hooligans smoking weed on the corner, but I do like the scenery and the energy. I like it more in big cities, especially where there are subway trains!
8 ) If money weren’t ever an issue again, what would you do with your life?
I would go to school more--specifically for foreign languages and anthropology. I would write so much. I would volunteer in literacy programs. I would travel to foreign lands (Turkey is high on that list). I would get a lot of massages. I hope I can do all those things anyway.
9) How do you feel about adults who wear overalls?
If they are farmers or mechanics, it's cool, but otherwise--no overalls! That's just asking to accidentally drop part of your outfit in the toilet.
10) If you had to pick one (non-evil) Harry Potter character to murder, who would you pick and why?
That is a weird question! I don't know who I'd choose. I don't want to murder any! Dobby was annoying, but he got snuffed, so I can't pick him.
11) Is the world going to end in 2012?
No. Well, it might if Obama isn't reelected. (Go Obama! Win win win!)